We are excited to be recruiting an Assistant Bar Manager to join our team looking after the 3 bars in our Parkgate Clubhouse. These include a function room bar with weekly wedding and party bookings, a members bar and a public Café & Bistro bar.
We are a modern, dynamic, ambitious company and are looking for someone who shares our values and can continue to grow with the business.
An ideal candidate will have a passion for leading a team, great customer service and a love for bars and hospitality.
What you’ll do –
- Manage the team; waiting on staff, bar staff, front of house etc, conduct regular team meetings to set expectations for the shift.
- Identify training needs for team members and delivering 'on the job' training and developing to the team.
- Assist in managing the business aspects of the bars such as stock taking, stock ordering, implementing and maintaining health and safety/legal policies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Create and deliver a culture of exceptional customer service
- Train staff to provide excellent service.
- Promote, monitor, and manage service levels within the team, through observations and two-way feedback
- Help recruit, select, develop and retain high calibre staff that reflect the brand and promote excellent customer service
- Build relationships with Club Members
- Drive sales to achieve targets through effective staff training
- Create effective rotas and quickly resolve conflicts to ensure the bar is well staffed during peak hours.
- Plan, implement and take part in promotional events.
- Maintain a fun, safe atmosphere for all.
The ideal candidate will have -
- Previous experience within a supervisory role within bars and hospitality
- A strong understanding of cocktails, wines, beers, and spirits
- Personal licence
- Ability to train and develop team members
- An understanding of stock control and controlling wastage
- Passion for hospitality creating a fun working environment for team members and guests
- A fun-loving personality but with an eye for detail
- Legally able to work in the UK and must be over 18 years of age
- Available for both day and night shifts, with most hours being focused around evenings and weekends.
- Confident and outgoing
- Able to remain calm in a busy environment
What you’ll get –
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 28 days a year holiday
- Free Club Membership
Please apply using the form below and attached a current CV.